CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Religious Holiday blog #10

Just last week in the Christian Religion, Lent started. I read a website giving information and insight on Lent and what it means. Lent is a 40 day period before Easter when we commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus. We are spiritually disciplining ourselves, just like Jesus did before he died. Within this time, we celebrate Ash Wednesday, when ashes are place on our forhead, reminding us "we are dust and to dust we shall return". For me, Lent is a time to relflect and focus on my faith. This year is the first year that my faith is in my hands and is becoming more important to me. Lent is an important and meaningful time for the Christian religion and many take it very seriously.

Collins, Ken. "The Season of Lent." 3 Mar 2009 .

0 comments: