CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Miles to go post #3

Today, I read a lot of Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus. I love all of the quotes she uses in the book. They all inspire me and influence me to pursue the goals I want to achieve. One quote I found was "Fear is the only obstacle that gets in the way of doing what we love. People are scared to travel, to try new things, to follow their dreams. Fear holds us back from living the lives we were made to live." Miley quoted this when she was talking about filming Hannah Montana: The Movie . Miley was doing a scene with her co-star, Lucus, where they were jumping off a cliff and into a waterfall. She explained how she was so scared, she couldn't do it. Later, she goes on to talk about fear and how it holds so many people back from doing incredible things. This is so true. Fear is what we fear the most. We're too scared of what could happen or what might go wrong that we don't think about the good things that can come out of a situation. One of my favorite songs is Fix You by Coldplay. A lyric in that song is "If you never try, you'll never know". I think about that phrase all the time in my life because I never want to regret something that I should have done. I always want to know what will happen. Even if I get embarrassed or disappointed, at least I wasn't scared of fear and what it can cause me. Fear really does hold us back from the way we live our lives, but some people, the successful people, don't let it.